In the Episcopal Church we believe that all the members of the church are ministers. Our goal at St. Michael and All Angels is to cultivate a deep life of faith that gives life to our service in the world. We believe that each person has been shaped for significance by God. You have unique gifts, talents and abilities that God can use to build the Kingdom of Heaven right here in Studio City.
St. Michael and All Angels offers a wide variety of ways for you to connect to the community, discover your gifts, and serve.
- Altar Guild
- Help prepare the church for worship on Sunday morning and special services by caring for Eucharistic vessels, linens, vestments, preparing for church services, and cleaning after service is complete.
- Buildings and Grounds
- Interested in the gardens, flowers, or grounds? Want to be a part of parish clean-up days, maintenance, and working on improvements around the campus? St. Michael’s Building and Grounds Committee works throughout the year to address the needs and concerns of our campus. The parish also hosts two Parish Clean-Up Days each year.
- Children’s Ministries
- Help teach the faith to the next generation. Each Sunday our children are dismissed to classes where they learn the Gospel. Parents and interested adults are welcome to become Sunday School Teachers. Our Curriculum is easy to use and lessons are easy to prepare.
- Finance and Revenue
- Do you have a mind for money? Our Finance Committee and Revenue Generation Committees seek to help St. Michael’s be good stewards of all that God has entrusted to us.
- Parish Life
- Each Sunday members of this group host coffee hour after the 10:30 am service. Help prepare food, set up or clean up. This is the ministry of hospitality at St. Michael’s.
- Liturgy and Worship
- Are you interested in a deeper level of participation in worship? This ministry includes acolytes, lectors, Minister of Ceremonies, and Chalice Bearers. Not interested in being up front? No problem! You can always be an usher. These ministries provide opportunities for both teens and adults.
- Pastoral Care
- Jesus taught us to love one another. The Pastoral Care ministries provide opportunities to live into that commandment. Knitting prayer shawls, providing rides for people, bringing communion to the sick and homebound, meals for members in need, and the Healing Prayer Group all fall under Pastoral Care.
- The Fourth Quarter
- The first Friday of the month this group meets for lunch, conversation and usually a good dessert prepared by one of the members. Are you retired, off work on Friday’s, work from home? All are welcome to join us in the Ministry Center at noon.
- Just for Fun
- The parish frequently plans fun events just for community building. Pool parties, barbeques, picnics, dances, holiday events, Christmas caroling. We always have something going on. Watch the website, bulletins, Facebook, and announcements to learn about all the opportunities to connect with the community.